Pages

Wednesday 9 October 2013

OUR NEW COOL BUS!!


Well, hello!
The American muscle post was just a taste of what was to come.
I am now in the U.S.A! The first thing me and my dad did before leaving, was find a car that would fit us all. Well, we did. and it just happened to be a icon. A very big icon.

My brother, Jed from Jacob and Jamie.

Um, Okay Wierd. Thanks Charis.

Yeah. School bus!



Yeah! A bright yellow School bus. 17 seats, a 6.2 Turbo diesel Injection, boasting 13-15 MPG.
For an American bus, a big american bus, that is pretty good going. 
For us this was the perfect thing. When we came over in 2007 there was a few less of us, and we used a Ford E350 Econoline. 
Okay not quite like this, but you get the idea.
And when we came over in 2000, we had a 1979 Chevrolet Suburban. I wanted to get one of these, but at $500-1000 they were affordable, but the economy was not fantastic. They do about 7-10 MPG, and they break easier than they fix. Unless you're me. I still want one, and if I ever come back to the states myself, I shall definitely have a shop around.

Yeah. we have a had a few icons thinking about it. The bus we have now is just what we needed.
A petrol would just not got us where we needed to be. Sure, plenty of power, (like I want), but not the economy.  This thing has climbed some of the toughest roads including Mt Rushmore, Yellowstone, and The Glacier National Park in Montana. I love this bus, and and I want to keep it. 
I will keep you updated as best as I can, and I will let you know of further power and insanity.
There is going to be more on vehicles in the next post.
Safe Travels!!


No comments:

Post a Comment